Mobile NHL Betting
Ice Hockey is a sport most Americans know and love. In the US, Ice Hockey plays a major role in the sporting community. Even if you have never played Hockey yourself, you have probably heard of the NHL are familiar with the current team standings. The National Hockey League or NHL is widely considered to be the premier professional ice hockey league in the world. For as long as the league has been in existence, people have also been betting on NHL games. Today online NHL betting is one of the biggest sports betting markets in the US. There is a reason for this, with mobile Hockey betting, anyone can place any number of hockey bets directly from their tablets of smartphones.
Common Mobile NHL Bets
For those who are unfamiliar with Ice Hockey, the NHL is composed of 30 member clubs: 23 in the United States and 7 in Canada. The NHL season generally runs from October to June including the playoffs. The Stanley Cup, (the oldest professional sports trophy in North America) is awarded to the league playoff champion at the end of each season. With NHL betting, there are a number of Ice hockey bets that can be placed. Some of the most common NHL bets are shown below:
- Money line Bet – The money line bet is probably the most straightforward and commonly placed bet in Ice Hockey. At its most basic, a money line bet is simply betting on which team will win the game outright.
- Over/Under Bet – With an Over/Under bet, the mobile betting site will set a total for each game and bettors wager on whether the total amount of goals scored between the two teams will go over or under that set total. Since Hockey is a low scoring game, the total is almost always set in the 5.0 to 6.0 range.
- Puck Line Bet – In NHL betting, a puck line bet is where each game is given a set point spread of -1.5 on the favorite and +1.5 on the underdog. Placing a puck line bet on the favorite is a much more attractive option than a money line bet.
- Parlay – With a parlay bet, two or more hockey bets are selected, and all must win for the parlay to pay off. The more events that are chosen, the more the hockey parlay bet pays if it is successful.
- Prop Bets – Prop Bets include placing bets on various elements of the game including player and team statistics. Some examples of hockey prop bets include betting on which team will score first or last, or an Over/Under on team shot total.
- Grand Salami – This is where the entire days Over/Under totals are added together and bettors can bet on whether the combined goals scored over the entire day will be over or under the posted total.
Mobile NHL Betting Action
For the novice American sports bettor, probably the best way to get into mobile NHL betting is by placing a standard Money line bet. Once a bettor knows more about the sport, the teams and the individual players, he can move on to more complicated and exotic bets. It is best to learn as much about the teams as possible and have a keen idea on how each team has performed in recent games. If you have your tablet or smartphone handy and want to give mobile NHL betting a try, you have come to the right place.
For your convenience we have created a list of the top-rated American-friendly online and mobile sports betting sites right here. You can choose a site that’s compatible with your smartphone or tablet and start wagering on the NHL anytime, anywhere.