Mobile Ice Hockey Betting
In the United States, Ice Hockey is a sport that most Americans know and love. Most sports fans will be familiar with the NHL (National Hockey League) as well as the current team standings. As one of the most popular sports in the US, Ice Hockey has created a legion of dedicates sports fans from all corners of the globe. It is no wonder then the online Ice Hockey Betting has become one of the biggest sports betting markets in the US. With mobile betting, sports fans no longer need to be ringside in order to enjoy the action and suspense of every play. With just a few clicks of a button anyone can place a bet on any number of games at any given time, even when on the move.
Types of Ice Hockey Betting
If you are new to sports betting, there are a few things you should know. With mobile Ice Hockey Betting, bettors can choose from a wide variety of interesting and exotic wagers. From the most basic win/lose bet to the exotic prop bets, with online betting anyone can get started. Some of the most commonly placed Hockey bets are explained below:
- Money line Bet – The money line bet is probably the most straightforward and commonly placed bet in Ice Hockey. Essentially it is simply betting on which team will win the game outright.
- Over/Under Bet – With an Over/Under bet, sports bookers set a total for each game and bettors wager on whether the total amount of goals scored between the two teams will go over or under that set total. Since Hockey is a low scoring game, the total is almost always set in the 5.0 to 6.0 range.
- Puck Line Bet – In online Ice Hockey Betting, a puck line bet is where each game is given a set point spread of -1.5 on the favorite and +1.5 on the underdog. Placing a puck line bet on the favorite is a much more attractive option than a money line bet.
- Parlay – With a parlay bet, two or more hockey sides are selected, and all must win for the parlay to pay off. The more events that are chosen, the more the hockey parlay bet pays if it is successful.
- Prop Bets – Prop Bets include placing bets on various elements of the game including player and team statistics. Some examples of hockey prop bets include betting on which team will score first or last, or an Over/Under on team shot total
- Grand Salami – This is where the entire days Over/Under totals are added together and bettors can bet on whether the combined goals scored over the entire day will be over or under the posted total.
Ice Hockey Betting Tips
Successful Ice Hockey Betting requires an in-depth knowledge of the game, the players and the coaches. Before placing any sizable bet, a bettor should always have a keen idea of how the team has played in previous games. If a team has any inured players, the results could be devastating. A bettor should also keep in mind that home-Ice advantage plays a major psychological role in how a team performs. It is best to seek as much professional advice before playing any bet. If you want to get in on the Ice Hockey Betting action, you have come to the right place. To make things easy for you, we have created a list of the best US-friendly online sports betting sites that offer mobile apps or in-browser wagering.